Friday, June 3, 2011

Maybe a Monk, Maybe Not

Ok, so I know in my last post I spoke about monastic life not being the way to go.  Well, with some discussions with loved ones and internal contemplation, that view may have changed.
In the next couple of weeks, I will be visiting a monastery for a couple of months, to see what it's like.
It definitely will not be easy.  Getting up at 4:30 am, meditating in 40 minute intervals four times a day, doing work, and constantly studying.  "Why am I doing this?," you may ask.
I need to make some serious changes in my life, and through inner contemplation, I feel this is very much needed.  Not a desire or want, just plain required.
So, (hoping they have Internet access), my future posts after June 15th may be form there.  If not, well, I will be back online after my stay.
Amituofo to all.
Ryumonji Zen Monastery

1 comment:

Post a Comment